After seeing lot of praise for the Valvoline 4T premium 20W50 for the Bajaj Pulsar. I wanted to try the same. As you can see, Castrol is 20W40 and Valvoline is 20W50. Bajaj recommends 20W40 for my 2006 year model hence I have used this oil for all these years. Newer Pulsar needs 20W50. Nevertheless, 20W50 is any day superior over 20W40 when the engine encounter high heat. 20W50 oil retains viscosity over 20W40 during high engine temperature.
For a decade I have only used the Castrol 20W40 4T oil. I thought that was a good oil but after trying out Valvoline, I really see a noticeable difference in engine smoothness. Many say the Valvoline is best suited for Pulsar motorcycle.
I have used an engine flush while changing the oil.
+ Cheap to buy
– Low draining period
– Engine sounds harsh. Also it is just 20W40, so not suitable for extensive touring where the engine encounter lot of heat.
– Draining interval is around 1500KMs
– Oil evaporation is high
+ Smooth engine
+ Slightly longer draining period. Many say around 2500 KM.
– Oil evaporation is very high than the Castrol. I have refilled 250ml oil onto the engine. I am glad I have bought two cans of the oil.
Meguiar’s Ultimate compound is a great abrasive. It is used to remove scratches from your car / bike’s paint.It is still clear coat safe. I have recently used it on my bike and the results were great. My bike was not properly maintained for the last 9 years. Hence it has quite lot of scratches, swirl marks, oxidation etc. Application was done through hand (manual).
After the application of Ultimate compound most scratches are gone. There are some deep scratches still there which hope will be removed after few more application of this amazing product.
I like Italian designs a lot.
I like Ferrari, Ducati, Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini a lot but this bike was also designed in Italy and is a complete piece of crap by looking it in design wise. I am sorry but it looks like a mixture of telescope eye fish and stick insect.
Hence I have resigned it and renamed the silly appearing mojo as Nuke. Click to view the original size.
Ducati StreetFighter 2011
1. Manual art with pencil and A4 sheet
2. Create a background with gradient tool
3. Paste the bike in the background
4. Open with Lightroom and add some effects
5. Open with Photoshop add lensflare for headlamp and add signature
1. TVS Matador
2. TVS Grenadier
3. Royal Enfield Clubman RS
4. Bajaj Venture
Tools used to draw these:
1. A4 paper
2. 1 Micro-tip pencil
3. 1 smooth erazer [occasionally used] and thats all.